제 21 강
1. It was between 1830 and 1835 ........ the modern newspaper was born.
A) where B) that
2. ......... that the new employees are people who know the business
A) The fortune B) To be fortunate
"Do you have my passport, Joe?"
A) one B) one passport
4. Unlike the budget of some countries, ......... focuses chiefly on
A) and the United States B) that of the United States
"We walked thirty miles today."
A) as B) this
6. Fossil evidence indicates that the earliest cockroaches looked very much like ........... .
A) today does B) those today
7. Sue wanted to go ............ .
A) and so her brother did B) and too her brother
"Is Prof. Tate very sick?"
A) so B) this
9. Love of power is a strong element in normal human nature, and .........
A) is to be accepted such as
10. When Mr. Kim needs a car, he uses ............... .
A) his son's car B) a car of his son
11. It (A. is estimated) that a scientific principle has a (B. life expectancy) of approximately a (C. decade) before (D. it drastically) revised by newer information.
12. Rader facilities (A. have developed) (B. to trace) severe oncoming
13. (A. Manufacturing) of (B. goods) may be (C. speed up) by mechanization, but real learning (D. takes time)
14. If you are dissatisfied (A. by) your IBM computer purchase, (B. return)
15. Thurgood Marshall (A. was appointed) (B. to an) justice (C. of) the
16. (A. A close business associate of mine) Mr. Brown, is interested (B. by) meeting with you (C. to discuss) (D. sales) promotion.
17. Bill Watterson (A. is known to) a developer of a teaching method, (B. as
well as) (C. for encouraging) students (D. to become) proficient in
18. A letter of credit is often (A. used to) companies (B. to finance) the
19. She was (A. said) by women that they had husbands to (B. protect) their rights and that (C. what) she needed (D. was) a husband.
20. Dictionaries vary (A. in) size from one small (B. to carry) in your