제 27 강
1. They said that the solution of the problem is very ........ to the development of our economy.
A) momentary B) momently
2. The doctor warned me that sleeping pills might cause ......... effects.
A) secondary B) second
3. My mother is so ........ that she believes everything she is told.
A) credulous B) reliable
4. When he became Prime Minister in 1940, Churchill made an ........ speech.
A) historical B) historic
5. Within a year, the company attained ......... independence.
A) economical B) economically
6. ......... volcanoes exist in North America at present time.
A) Thirty-three only active B) Thirty-three active only
7. ............ lessons were not difficult..
A) Our first few short English B) Our few first short English
8. ................ had already been there when John arrived.
A) All of them B) All them
"What's wrong? You seem restless."
A) double of the B) double
"I had to pay ten dollars for this book."
A) worthy it B) worth them
11. Some people (A. refused to leave) (B. message) (C. on) (D. answering
12. (A. Now that) robots are more sophisticated, scientists and producers
13. When Krakatoa erupted in the (A. nineteenth) (B. century), the (C. noisy) was heard (D. hundreds) of moles away.
14. In the face of (A. financial) (B. necessary), Lucretia Hale (C. earnestly) turned (D. to writing)
15. The (A. defeating) of William Jenning Bryan in the 1896 (B. Presidential
16. I (A. heard) there was (B. fire) (C. in) a skyscraper downtown
17. I engaged (A. mostly) in (B. sales promotion) of Korean (C. production)
18. I (A. have to get) (B. some) bread, (C. egg), and (D. milk)
19. Emily Howland, (A. educator), (B. reform), and philanthropist, (C. was
20. Encyclopedias may be used to (A. answer question), (B. to solve)